Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update

Well, it has been awhile. I have to agree with Kira, Moving Sucks!!! We started out by scrubbing the grout in the tile floors. Still not done with this task. Then we had to get the carpet replaced in the bedrooms so we could move in. We were finally able to move out of Adam and Angela's and give the kids their play room back, which the broke back in right away. A couple of men from our new ward helped us empty our storage unit into the garage. We now have a two car garage with no car in it. Eventually I will get all the boxes unpacked so we can park in the garage. My parents will be coming up next week to stay with us for a couple of days so I need to work on getting the spare room empty of boxes so they can stay there. I have painted both bathrooms, Mila's room, the office, and last Saturday Jason and I painted our room. That was challenging since there are 12 foot ceilings in our room. It looks much better though. I am working on getting pictures so I can post them. I also had to use bleach pens to bleach the grout on our kitchen counters. By the way, it worked great. And, Jason installed our dishwasher and micro-hood. He is awesome.
Mila is doing great. She loves the house. She dances and sings all over the house. She loves her room. She plays in their a lot. Last night was the first night that she slept in her toddler bed. It has been a hard transition but every time she got out she stood at her closed door and talked to me to come in her room. She can open the door but she didn't. Now that the pack-n-play is out of here room there is a lot more space. I am trying to organize her room before I take pics. I hope you guys don't mind waiting.
It is nice here. We get an afternoon breeze almost every day. It will be really nice as soon as I rescreen all the screens on the windows and get a few frames that are missing. The people in the neighborhood are really nice. There is a sweet black family three doors down with twin boys who are 4. She is pregnant with their third. She is really nice. I am bad remembering names so I can't tell you. It is a very quiet neighborhood. We love it. It is nice living at the end of a cul-de-sac because there is not alot of traffic. Mila is getting a tricycle for her birthday so she will utilize the cul-de-sac a lot.
I will update again soon when I get some pictures to post. We love you all.

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

yeah, let me tell you I've been missing you greatly with all the painting going on. It just doesn't feel right not having you in the room with me cutting in while I roll. Never thought paint would remind me of you, but it does. Love you! and missing you.

Mitchell4 said...

I bet the rooms will look gorgeous. You are an excellent painter and I'm forever grateful for the job you did in our rooms. Glad things are going smoothly. I know it takes awhile for things to get settled. It's nice having your Mom come up and help out. Good luck. Thanks for keeping us updated

wilkinson family said...

too cool!! am looking forward to the pics. it's nice you are already getting to know people.