Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The life of a Kidney Stone

This kidney stone sure doesn't want to come out. Two weeks ago I went in for surgery and they had to cancel because my potassium was low. I went back yesterday to do the procedure and came out with a stent and the stone. Apparently my ureters are shaped funny, and with the inflamation, the doctor could not get the laser at the right angle to laser the stone. So now I have to wait two more weeks and we will now try the shockwave lithotripsy. I am seriously hoping that the third time will be the charm. That is the update here. Mila will get casted this week and as soon as I find my cord for my camera I will update with pictures.

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

Why is Mila getting casted?!

Shell said...

She fell off the desk chair and fractured her elbow.

wilkinson family said...

sorry you are having probs. with kidney stone. i've watched mom go through them for years. so i know you are in pain. hope they take care of everything soon.