Friday, June 26, 2009
Locked Out!!
I came home from shopping today and went into the garage to put some things in the freezer out there. I turn around to come back inside, only to find out that I am locked out. What is worse, Mila locked me out and is inside the house all by herself. I try to persuade her to unlock the garage door but she won't. I think the dead bolt is harder to unlock. So I go to the front door and get her to come to it. Meanwhile, I am on the phone with Jason, wondering what I am going to do. Mila is hiding behind the curtains of the front window laughing at me. I ask her to unlock the door and she thinks I am playing a game. I finally get her to unlock the door and a crisis is avoided. WOW!! That was a rush of emotions. I am glad/scared that Mila knows how to unlock the door. We have installed a lock at the top of the door so she can't get out while I might be occupied. As soon as Mila unlocked the door, Jason started laughing, I guess when you look back on it, it is funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wesley has done that twice to me now and only at this house. I now keep a spare house key hidden in my van just for this reason. And glad to know it's not just my rascal laughing about it. =]
Holly did the same thing and scared me! She eventually unlocked the deadbolt, but It was quite a panicked feeling! From that day on I put a spare key in the Garage so I could get in if it happened again!
Amen to the spare key (or alternate way of entry) after the kids get older, thankfully it doesn't happen...because then YOU'RE older and you lock yourself OUT!
i keep my keys on a D ring and keep them hooked on my pockets at times esp. for that reason except this past tues. when wayne seperated my keys to take the car keys to the van and didn't tell me that he was leaving the house keys inside. thank goodness toby was able to come home and unlock the doors so we could all come inside.
Michelle!! I am glad you wrote on my blog because it reminded me that I never called you back and you live so close!! We do need to get together. Life just gets harder to stay organized with kids!! Be safe in all your travels!~Shannon
Post a Comment